A collection of links that I find interesting.
- Windows Virtual Desktop: At #Ignite2019 in Orlando, Microsoft made several interesting announcement on Windows Virtual Desktop. Freek Berson has a great post breaking down the details here. If they keep it up, one of these days might finally be the year of the virtual desktop.
- Azure Bastion: Channel 9 has a good intro to Bastion hosts in #Azure. If you’re not familiar with Azure Bastion, it is a managed service using Azure scale sets that essentially is a secure way to RDP or SSH via SSL to your VMs in Azure with no public exposure. This help avoid exposing your data directly to the public.
- How to create a Windows Docker Image: Kevin Sapp has a post on the Adam the Automator site on how to create and test a Windows container.
- Getting Started with Kubernetes on your Laptop: Once again, Kevin Sapp has an excellent post on how to get started with Kubernetes using Virtual Box or Hyper-V. He defines the essential components of Kubernetes and how they fit together.
- My coworker Justin Paul explains Zerto’s VMware VAIO support. This one is a long time coming and a product of the hard work of our Global Alliance team and our Product Teams.
- Another Zertoian, Nick Scoula provides good career guidance on how to be an awesome IT person in his post called Tips, Habits & Grit – What Successful Engineers do to Advance their Careers